Our Pilates Ladysmith studio is pleased to reopen for your Pilates & Yoga sessions. We will post our studio schedule shortly, and look forward to seeing you soon!
Wishing you all , Health, Vitality, Happiness.
The best benefits of Pilates comes through private instruction. I recommend 5 private classes before joining the group classes.
Please contact JoyAnn through the contact page to register
Pilates Group Mat Fundamentals (101)
Dates: March 3 – April 28
No class Mar 24
This program will focus on Pilates exercises through:
- Conscious use of breath
- Pelvic floorawareness of the superficial pelvic floor muscles and the deeper thicker muscles of the Pelvic Diaphragm for optimum
- Strengthening ,lengthening back muscles targeting the lower back muscles to support pelvic stability.
- Developmental awareness of shoulder girdle stability, focusing on the integrating synergy of the upper and lower body for efficient ease and fluidity through movement.
- Now its time for your body to mentally and spiritually integrate the work you have just done
- Concluding each class with some relaxation and focus. May include slow gliding movements that are simple and enjoyable, listening to calming words, music or going through short guided meditation.
- This is the moment when transformation occurs, your body, mind and spirit unite.
The movements are fun, invigorating, and can be challenging.
I do Pilates for Life– Len Freidman, American Helicopter Pilot
Pilates Group Mat Flow Class (102)
Prerequisite: Pilates Fundamentals (see above) or equivalent Pilates mat experience
Dates: March 6 – May 1
No Class March 27
- This program will focus on Pilates mat exercises that flow seamlessly from one exercise to the next.
- The flow sequences are invigorating and challenging for all levels, which embody the principals of flow – organized to work the entire body.
- The idea is to view the mat work as one continuous movement, starting with the first breath and ending with the final movement.
- Now it is time for your body to mentally and spiritually integrate the work you have just done.
- We conclude this class with a inward focus- relaxation.
- To find your body’s inherent ability to stabilize the spine back and pelvis in a neutral position.
- Find length and softness in your body
- Awareness of your cranial sacral looping connection
- And so much more
Energy flows where your attention goes.
This is the moment when transformation occurs, your body mind and spirit unite..
I invite you to join us in your dance of life!– JoyAnn Ramsay
Questions, Registration, Payments
Please use our Contact Page to inquire about Registration and Payments
250 244 1889